SonoFiber is the perfect solution for those budget-conscious projects requiring a Class A fire-rating without the aesthetic demands of designer treatments such as fabric-covered panels. SonoFiber is a good absorber ideal for nightclubs, restaurants, gymnasiums, houses of Worship, multi-purpose rooms and any other commercial or industrial environment where aesthetic concerns are secondary to performance and safety. SonoFiber’s flexibility makes it easy to install on irregular surfaces, and for filling cavities on corner-spanning panels. It is best used in overhead applications that are out-of-reach (not ceiling grids).
SonoFiber is a natural fiber acoustic absorptive material that is is available in 1″ Panels or a 2″ Roll. It offers significant advantages over the more traditional Class A melamine foam alternatives, including:
- Lower cost per square foot
- Sound absorption coefficients equal to or better than 2″ thick melamine products
- A flexible form that will not puncture or break like melamine panels
- Safe, easy, dust-free installations
- Meets ASTM-E84 Class A Fire Rating*
Available Sizes and Colors:
1″ x 24″ x 48″ – In Charcoal, Beige, Gray, & White
2″ x 48″ x 300″ (25ft Roll) – Recycled Cotton with a Black Scrim
Octave Band Center Frequency (Hz)
2′ x 4′ Panel & 25′ Roll SonoFiber
|1” (2’x4′ Panel)||3lb./cf.||0.08||0.31||0.79||1.01||1.00||0.99||0.80|
|2” (25′ Roll)||1.5 lb./cf.||0.35||0.94||1.32||1.22||1.06||1.03||1.15|
*While many Auralex products are fire retardant and/or self extinguishing to varying extents, we cannot guarantee that any product meets the specific building code regulations in your area as regulations widely vary from place to place. Check with you local fire marshal or building inspector for approval prior to purchasing or installing any of our products. Auralex will not be held liable for property damage or injuries caused by misuse of our products.
- If your installation is a commercial application we recommend that you only consider those products that have a documented fire rating meeting a specific standard. Since local fire codes are not harmonized and are not applied in a uniform manner by local inspectors there is no guarantee of passing inspection.
- Because of this we recommend checking with your local fire marshal or building inspector regarding which specific test standards will be accepted prior to purchasing our product.
- We can provide fire test reports for many of our fire rated products performed by certified third party testing facilities.
Contact Auralex Acoustics at 1-800-959-3343 or firstname.lastname@example.org