SheetBlok™ Sound Barrier
SheetBlok Sound Isolation Barrier is a dense, limp-mass vinyl material that is used to stop the transmission of sound in a wall stack-up of materials. It acts as a thin, dense sound barrier layer in walls, ceilings or floors and is most effective when used as one component of a multi-layered construction scheme. SheetBlok is useful for decoupling (i.e. floating) floors and walls in isolation construction applications.
- Size: 4’x10′ rolls (40 sq. ft.) or 4’x30′ rolls (120 sq. ft.)
- Weight: 4’x10′ Roll = 45lbs. – 4’x30′ Roll = 128 lbs.
- Color: Black (smooth on one side; has a pebble grain finish on the other)
- STC: 27
- Thickness: 1/8″
- Weight: +1#/sq. ft.
- Service Temperature: -40° to 180° F
- Tensile Strength: 400 psi Tear Strength: 70#/inch
- Flammability: Passes test MVSS-302*
*While many Auralex products are fire retardant and/or self extinguishing to varying extents, we cannot guarantee that any product meets the specific building code regulations in your area as regulations widely vary from place to place. Check with you local fire marshal or building inspector for approval prior to purchasing or installing any of our products. Auralex will not be held liable for property damage or injuries caused by misuse of our products.
- If your installation is a commercial application we recommend that you only consider those products that have a documented fire rating meeting a specific standard. Since local fire codes are not harmonized and are not applied in a uniform manner by local inspectors there is no guarantee of passing inspection.
- Because of this we recommend checking with your local fire marshal or building inspector regarding which specific test standards will be accepted prior to purchasing our product.
- We can provide fire test reports for many of our fire rated products performed by certified third party testing facilities.
Contact Auralex Acoustics at 1-800-959-3343 or email@example.com