RC-8™ Resilient Channel
Auralex’s RC-8 Resilient Channel is a specially-formed, sturdy metal device that, when used to hang drywall (instead of just attaching the drywall to the studs or joists), GREATLY improves the sound transmission characteristics of the wall or ceiling system.
RC-8 should be installed horizontally at the bottom and top of your wall, then every 2′ or less in between. Up to (2) layers of 5/8″ drywall and a layer of SheetBlok may be hung on RC-8, even on a ceiling.
RC-8 is available in handy 8′ lengths that are ground shippable. There are (24) 8′ pieces per box. It’s unbeatable!
- RC-8 is made from 25 Gauge Steel
- Meets Class A Fire-rating per ASTM E-84*
*While many Auralex products are fire retardant and/or self extinguishing to varying extents, we cannot guarantee that any product meets the specific building code regulations in your area as regulations widely vary from place to place. Check with you local fire marshal or building inspector for approval prior to purchasing or installing any of our products. Auralex will not be held liable for property damage or injuries caused by misuse of our products.
- If your installation is a commercial application we recommend that you only consider those products that have a documented fire rating meeting a specific standard. Since local fire codes are not harmonized and are not applied in a uniform manner by local inspectors there is no guarantee of passing inspection.
- Because of this we recommend checking with your local fire marshal or building inspector regarding which specific test standards will be accepted prior to purchasing our product.
- We can provide fire test reports for many of our fire rated products performed by certified third party testing facilities.
Contact Auralex Acoustics at 1-800-959-3343 or firstname.lastname@example.org