Foamtak™ Adhesive Spray
Foamtak™ acoustic foam spray adhesive is quite simply the fastest and easiest way to mount Auralex acoustic foam products. Foamtak contains more actual solids than competing spray adhesives (you’re getting more for your money!) and uses a unique spray pattern, so it offers greatly improved long-term bonding power vs. other sprays, which virtually ALWAYS dry out and fail. Foamtak is guaranteed not to oxidize Auralex acoustic foams and may be purchased in any quantity needed.
You’ll love how easy Foamtak is to use!
• Mounts up to 96 sq. ft. or more per can depending on foam thickness
• Not suitable for air shipping or use with SoniCell White.
Foamtak Spray Application Update
Our Foamtak spray adhesive has recently been reformulated to make it 50 state VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) compliant with updated regulations. We are now recommending a longer wait time to allow the adhesive to become tacky before installing your foam panels to the wall or ceiling.
- The current application instructions on the can, and in some of our user guides, recommends waiting 30 to 90 seconds after applying Foamtak adhesive before installing the foam panel to the wall.
- Our updated recommendations are to wait 60 to 90 seconds after applying Foamtak before installing the foam panel to the wall. Since environmental conditions such as temperature and humidity can influence the time for Foamtak to become tacky we also recommend occasionally testing for tackiness with a knuckle to confirm longer or shorter tack times.
- Since the new formula is thinner and less viscous, best results will be obtained by setting the spray nozzle to “H” when spraying the foam and “L” when spraying the wall.