T-Coustic™ Ceiling Tiles
Drop-tile ceiling tiles are traditionally used for visually blocking unsightly HVAC systems, wiring, insulation and other obstacles above the grid work. Unfortunately, most ceiling tiles do not meet the acoustical requirements for critical listening environments. Many of the commercially available ceiling tiles are fairly reflective at low, mid and high frequencies.
Auralex has the solution to this common acoustical problem: T-Coustic Ceiling Tiles – a line of fiberglass ceiling tiles that offer the aesthetic qualities you desire and absorption coefficients that are 20-45% higher than standard ceiling tiles.
Auralex T-Coustic Ceiling Tiles are designed to fit into standard drop tile ceiling grids. The two standard sizes are 23.875” x 23.875” and 23.875” x 47.875” for standard 2’x2’ or 2’x4’ grids. Each panel is 1” thick and is supplied with a fabric scrim on the face of the panel. Standard colors are White and Black.
T-Coustic Ceiling Tiles have numerous applications depending on the room function, size, and shape. Product Application Specialists at Auralex can assist with determining the amount of product needed for your room along with placement suggestions.
For significant absorption improvement in your studio, house of worship, gymnasium, office building, or home theater ceiling system, turn to Auralex Acoustics.
- Available in White and Black
- Class A Fire-rated per ASTM E-84*
*While many Auralex products are fire retardant and/or self extinguishing to varying extents, we cannot guarantee that any product meets the specific building code regulations in your area as regulations widely vary from place to place. Check with you local fire marshal or building inspector for approval prior to purchasing or installing any of our products. Auralex will not be held liable for property damage or injuries caused by misuse of our products.
- If your installation is a commercial application we recommend that you only consider those products that have a documented fire rating meeting a specific standard. Since local fire codes are not harmonized and are not applied in a uniform manner by local inspectors there is no guarantee of passing inspection.
- Because of this we recommend checking with your local fire marshal or building inspector regarding which specific test standards will be accepted prior to purchasing our product.
- We can provide fire test reports for many of our fire rated products performed by certified third party testing facilities.
Contact Auralex Acoustics at 1-800-959-3343 or firstname.lastname@example.org